Download our Tourism Industry Factsheet or our CTC Corporate Profile for key facts and figures about the CTC. For more information about our international markets, download our factsheets for Australia, Brazil, China, France, Germany, India, Japan, Mexico, South Korea and United Kingdom. For further background on CTC’s previous work, read either Being opportunistic: Leveraging the Olympic Games or New Avenues of Tourism Growth through Canada’s Economic Action Plan.
If you're an international media or broadcast professional looking for resources and information about Canada, then head straight to the CTC's Media Centre. Here you'll find hundreds of topical story ideas as well as Canada’s insider blog—our take on news and events across Canada to inspire future travellers.
For high-definition photos, b-roll footage and video—all rights-free and available for instant download—our Brand Canada Library is your one-stop shop.
Sometimes video captures a story better than written words. The CTC uses the medium to tell our own narrative, demonstrating how our brand is resonating in the international marketplace. These videos also have the authentic voice of the Canadian tourism industry.
Here’s a selection:
The Power of Tourism shows the role tourism plays in Canada's economy, especially after the 2010 Winter Games.
Canada welcomes the world: Michele McKenzie, CTC president and CEO, shows how our Olympic strategy helped enhance global media exposure of Canada.
Our senior executives regularly give speeches and presentations to a wide variety of audiences at home and abroad, including industry and government. Here are some of their latest.
- Deputy Minister's Forum, Nov 22, 2012
- Realizing Canada’s Tourism Potential November 20, 2012
- Rendez-vous Canada Edmonton Sunday May 13, 2012 Opening Remarks ~ Michele McKenzie
- AT THE LAUNCH OF THE CANADIAN TOURISM COMMISSION CHINA CAMPAIGN FEBUARY 8, 2012
- Michele McKenzie, Remarks to the International Tourism Congress of the National Board of Private Tourism Enterprises (CNET), Mexico City, September 8, 2011
- APM meeting presentation and videos
- Speech to Canadian Chamber of Commerce - April 7, 2011
- Remarks by Michele McKenzie, Standing Senate Committee on Foreign Affairs and International Trade March 3, 2011.
- Michele McKenzie President & CEO Canadian Tourism Commission Vancouver Board of Trade Feb 3, 2011
- Michele McKenzie Address to the Ottawa Chamber of Commerce, January 26, 2011