Destination Canada's international programs help the travel trade and meeting planners attract more customers to Canada and to close the sale. Our international meetings, conventions & incentive travelprogram is designed to turn ordinary meetings and conventions into extraordinary encounters. The Canada Specialist Program (CSP) training is like a personalized tour for travel trade professionals through Canada's “wow” experiences.
Marketing Canada’s dream destinations
Whether you need a city location for 5,000 delegates or a remote resort incentive destination for 10 people—Canada has you covered. From imaginative itineraries to location scouting, our Business Events Canada program, which now operates in the US, UK, France and Germany, can turn ordinary events into extraordinary encounters.
- Business Events Canada initiatives include:
- Multilingual, global MC&IT websites that engage high-yield customers and drive them down the path to purchase.
- A strong branded presence in all social-media forums.
- An enhanced Visit Canada Program, which allows buyers to experience various Canadian destinations in one of three ways: site inspections, bid runs or familiarization (FAM) trips.
- Expanded presence for our UK-based, general sales agent (Axis Travel Marketing) in France and Germany in order to better leverage our opportunities there. Axis is charged with developing newprospect/business opportunities and coordinating in-market activities such as sales missions and client events.
- Developing a branded presence at IMEX Frankfurt, ASAE, IMEX America and EIBTM.
- Offering a variety of strategic platforms that allow partners to network with both meeting planners and end-user decision makers.
Meet BEC representatives at the next major industry event. Find out where by browsing the 2016 BEC events calendar.
The Canada Specialist Program (CSP) is an advanced and interactive education for travel-trade professionals operating in Canada's key markets. With two levels of accreditation (market dependent), CSP graduates are certified experts on Canada.
CSP training is like a personalized tour through Canada's "wow" experiences. Our online destination training identifies new agents with downloadable certificates and provides them with exclusive benefits.
The Explorer program is an introduction to Canada that covers geography and helps build a foundation for the Specialist level program.
The Specialist program offers more in-depth information about unique travel experiences and itineraries. Completion of this level gives agents access to resources and sales tools, ultimately preparing them to sell Canada more effectively. It also offers:
- Online training modules and tests with instant results
- A downloadable certificate upon successful completion of the program
- Selling tools, including e-postcards
- Access to familiarization (FAM) trips once certified as a CSP agent
- Invitations to special Canada events
- A listing of Specialist certified agents on Destination Canada’s market-specific consumer website
- Promotions exclusive to Canada Specialists
- Trade-only support line for advice on selling Canada
- A one-stop source with access to the latest must-see experiences.