Show your Canadian Knowledge
25 Skill Testing Questions
1. SPONSOR. The sponsor of this Contest is the Canadian Tourism Commission (“CTC”).
2. CONTEST PERIOD. The Contest will commence December 12, 2013 at 3:00 a.m. Pacific Standard Time and will run until January 3, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. Pacific Standard Time (the “Contest Period”).
3. ELIGIBILITY. The Contest is open to all residents of Canada who have reached the age of majority in their province of residence, except employees, representatives and agents of the CTC and their immediate families or those domiciled with them.
4. HOW TO ENTER AND NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. The Contest is offered electronically via the Internet and no purchase is required to participate. To enter the Contest,
(a) Answer the all 25 questions and submit them electronically to the CTC following the instructions on CTC’s website;
(b) By submitting an entry you agree to be bound by these official contest rules;
(c) Each entrant warrants that they answered the questions themselves and submitted only one entry; and
(d) Your name, civic/residential address and email address should be included in your entry in order that we may contact you if you’re the winning entrant. Each entrant agrees that if they win this Contest, their name will be provided on the CTC website as the winner of the Contest, including the name of the province where they reside.
5. TO BE ELIGIBLE TO WIN. In order to have the opportunity to have your entry drawn as the winner, all the answers to all 25 questions must be correct. It is only these 100% right entries that will be placed in the pool from which the winner will be drawn. There are exceptions to this rule set out in section 8, if a winner with 25/25 does not exist or cannot be contacted.
6. NUMBER OF ENTRIES. One entry per person.
7. PRIZE. There is one prize, a gift card from HBC (Hudson’s Bay Company) for the value of $150 (ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY DOLLARS) dollars Canadian. The rules that apply to the gift card are the rules that HBC applies to its card, for example how to redeem it, whether its transferrable, etc. The prize will be delivered by secure mail to the winner. Chances of winning the prize depend on the number of eligible submissions (how many people have 100% of the questions correct).
8. WINNER SELECTION AND CLAIMING THE PRIZE. On January 6, 2013 all the entries with 100% of the questions answered will be placed in a box, shuffled about and the CTC’s Senior Corporate Communications Advisor will blindly choose one of the submissions. The name will be read out and the winner will be notified by email that day. If the winner cannot be located or does not respond to the CTC’s email within fourteen (14) days of notification, the winner will be disqualified and will forfeit the prize. The process of choosing another entrant blindly will be conducted for a second time and if necessary a third time. CTC will not be responsible for failed attempts to notify the winner.
If no one has all 25 questions correct, all the entries with 24 correct answers will placed together and one blindly chosen, following the procedure above to a maximum of three draws. If there are no entries with 24 correct answers or no winners from this group who can be reached to claim the prize, the CTC will move to 23 correct answers, putting all of them together and following the procedure set out herein again. While a winner who can be contacted to claim the prize should have been successful at this point, if in fact no winner exists after the steps to choose a 23/25 winner, the prize will be donated to the United Way Centraide Canada.
9. ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION. By participating in this Contest, each entrant accepts and agrees to these official contest rules and all decisions of the CTC regarding this Contest, which will be final and legally binding on entrants in all matters relating to this Contest. The winner agrees to the appearance of their name and province of residence on CTC’s website as the winner of the Contest. If the winner agrees, their comments and photograph may also be part of the announcement of the winner on CTC’s website. The CTC is not responsible for printing, distribution or production errors. The CTC may, at its sole discretion and without liability, rescind or amend this Contest at any time. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal and provincial laws.
10. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. By entering this Contest, each entrant acknowledges and agrees that the CTC (1) shall have no liability of any kind whatsoever with respect to this Contest and/or the awarding or use of the prize, (2) makes no warranty, guarantee or representation of any kind concerning the prize, (3) disclaims any implied warranty, and (4) is not liable for injury, loss or damage of any kind resulting from the entrant’s acceptance or use of the prize or otherwise from such entrant’s participation in this Contest. The CTC is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems or servers, computer software problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website and assumes no liability for damage to entrant’s or any person’s computer resulting from participating in this Contest.
11. HUDSON’S BAY COMPANY. The Hudson’s Bay Company (HBC) is not a sponsor of this Contest, nor do they endorse, administer any aspect, or are associated with this Contest. By entering this Contest you agree to release HBC from any and all liability associated with this Contest.
12. PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY. Any personal information you provide will only be used for contacting you should you be the chosen winner. All entries in this Contest will be destroyed immediately after the winner receives their prize. No personal information will be retained.
13. GOVERNING LAW. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these official contest rules, or the rights and obligations of an entrant in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of British Columbia and the laws of Canada applicable therein.
14. LANGUAGE. In the event of any discrepancies between the English language rules and the French language rules for this Contest, the English rules shall prevail.