From a night in an Ottawa cell to sleeping in the trees in BC or taking a spin in your room on PEI, Canada has accommodation almost too good to fall asleep in.
Suggested tweet: Sweet dreams are made of this: 10 new and unusual rooms in Canada http://ow.ly/xAEbB #explorecanada
All travellersneed to find a place to rest their weary heads after a busy day exploring. Canada offers some extraordinary places that will ensure the sweetest of dreams and happiest of memories. Here are 10 of the latest bunks on the block:
1) Sleep on Prince William’s “magical” island: Your journey to Blachford Lake Lodge begins with a 20-minute floatplane trip from Yellowknife, NWT, across the boreal forests of the Canadian Shield.
2) Dream the night away: Find your bed for the night at Qualicum Bay on Vancouver Island in a Free Spirit Sphere, nestled among the branches of a rainforest’s tall trees.
3) Five-star sleep in a Dream Dome: New Brunswick is home to the unique geodesic domes of Ridgeback Lodge. Go to sleep lulled by the sounds of the forest—all 185 acres of it—right on your doorstep overlooking the St. John River.
4) Get locked up in Ottawa: For an unusual stay on a budget, try a night in the cells at HI-Ottawa Jail, the former Carleton County lock-up. You can share a cell with fellow backpackers or sleep in solitary.
5) Try roofless living in the Okanagan: Summertime in BC’s wine country means long, warm nights. Sleep under the stars in comfort in the “Roofless Room” at the idyllic God’s Mountain Estate, which overlooks Skaha Lake.
6) Get on track with polar bears: Travel to Churchill, MB, the polar-bear capital of the world, to stay in Tundra Lodge, a ultra-smart “train” hotel: the bedrooms, dining room and lounge car are all on wheels, making the lodge the optimal bear-watching spot.
7) Make the treetops your home: Watch for shooting stars through a glass dome as you fall asleep to the night-time sounds of the forest at Canopée Lit in Sacré-Cœur, QC.
8) Live out your fantasy: Let your imagination run riot in West Edmonton Mall’s Fantasyland Hotel: try a night in an igloo, or a Polynesian tropical island paradise or just tuck the kids up in fire-engine bunk beds.
9) Escape to Newfoundland’s most luxurious lodgings: The stunning Fogo Island Inn has floor-to-ceiling views of the North Atlantic, local foraged and seasonal cuisine plus cutting-edge art and eco-friendly design.
10) See the world from all angles: Just press a button and the Around The Sea Rotating House slowly turns to take in the view, including Prince Edward Island’s stunning red-sand National Park Beach on Green Gables shore.
Looking for more visual inspiration of Canadian accommodation? Browse our Brand Canada Library for thousands of images and videos from all over Canada.
Follow us on Twitter @DestinationCAN