From the sweet smell of a maple-sugar scrub to an iced apple cider elixir treatment, Canada offers unique ways to chill out and cleanse.
Suggested tweet: 10 unique Canadian spas to help travellers relax, detox and reinvigorate http://ow.ly/p8A2g #explorecanada
Breathtaking scenery to admire and unique local ingredients: what’s not to love about Canadian spas? Here are 10 to explore.
1) Soak up history and treatments at Bota Bota, a spa-boat moored in Montréal’s Old Port. Unwind in the outdoor whirlpool while admiring the scenery or indulge in a massage below deck, rocked by the gentle movements of the Saint Lawrence River.
2) Experience a Middle Eastern hammam in the exotic and ultra-luxe Miraj Spa at the Shangri-La, Toronto’s most fashionable hotel. After your treatment, curl up on silk cushions, admire your satiny skin and sip fragrant mint tea.
3) Indulge in the Canadian Coastal Mountain Body Wrap in Vancouver’s Willow Stream Spa at the Fairmont Pacific Rim. The maple-sugar scrub naturally exfoliates and the maple-butter body balm naturally nourishes your skin. Sweet.
4) There are no plush furnishings at Takhini Hot Springs, just a naturally hot mineral pool in the serene Yukon wilderness. Float in the thermal pool and see if you can catch sight of the Northern Lights overhead.
5) Take a romantic journey in a private train between the mountains and the seashore of Le Massif de Charlevoix to Spa du Verger at La Ferme. Try the iced apple cider elixir head-to-toe treatment created with Quebec’s finest fruit.
6) Brand-new in fall 2013: Dive an age-old Scandinavian tradition at Winnipeg’s Le Nordik Spa, set in a tranquil forest. Once you’ve soaked up the benefits of these Manitoban thermal baths, enjoy an ultra-modern vivifying treatment at its Thermëa spa.
7) East meets west at the Sunmore Ginseng Spa in Kamloops, BC. Locally grown ginseng is used in treatments to nourish, detoxify and restore balance to your skin. Relax afterwards with a soothing cup of ginseng tea.
Follow us on Twitter @DestinationCAN